Now Abstract submission and Registration
for the 9th International Conference of the Asian Clinical Oncology Society
Background, Core value, Mission and Vision of the 9th ACOS
Asia is facing rapid population growth, economic development, and development across academic disciplines. We believe now is the time to provide information from Asia in order to let the whole world recognize what is happening here. By merging our Asian traditional medicine with new Western medicine based on molecular biology (East meets West), we have to treat cancer patients with safe, secure, effective, and less expensive manners. Therefore, our core values for 9th ACOS fixed to make a change with research mind and high motivation both of doctor and/or patient, to rethink about cancer therapy. Concerning about the above topics, we would like to ask many doctors from Asian countries to attend the 9th ACOS and to discuss in depth the following interesting subjects. We would also appreciate participation from all areas of the world, mainly from Asian doctors, nurses, pharmacists, radio technologists, and as many other medical staff as possible.
We look forward to seeing you at Gifu Japan on coming August 25,26,27, 2010.
Date: from Wednesday, August 25 to Friday, August 27, 2010
Venue: Gifu Grand Hotel (60 minutes from Nagoya International Airport by train)
President: Shigetoyo Saji (Emeritus Professor of Gifu University)
Vice President: Hisanobu Nakamura (Emeritus Professor of Osaka University)
President Emeritus: Tetsuo Taguchi (Emeritus Professor of Osaka University)
ACOS President: Yan SUN (China Cancer Hospital CAMS & PUMC)
Secretary General: Kazuhiro Yoshida (Professor, Dept of Surgical Oncology,
Gifu University School of Medicine)
Main Theme: Talk to the World Wide from Asia
Sub Theme: Multidisciplinary Treatment for Asian Cancer Patients
Deadline of abstract submission is March 31, 2010
Language Note : 9th ACOS will be conducted in English.
(In 9th ACOS, we are planning to co-organize these topics with the designated businesses)
Recent Project Topics
On time Symposium
1. The characteristics of cancer in Asian countries
2. Current status and future prospect of cancer treatment in Asia （No.1 and 2）
1. Current advancements of cancer radiotherapy
2. Current status and future prospects of cancer vaccine therapy
3. Cancer pharmacogenomics in Asia
4. Education and training system for oncology nurse and pharmacist in Asian and Eastern countries.
5. Current status and problems for team Oncology for patients
6. Psychological distress and communicating bad news in East Asia
7. Current status and future prospects of epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of head and neck cancer in Asia
8. Strategy on adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapy for esophageal cancer
9. Strategy for esophago-cardial cancer
10. What is the difference between global consensus and Asian consensus for breast cancer treatment?
11. Radiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer
12. Treatment strategy for advanced and recurrent gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
13. Clinical benefit of neo adjuvant chemo-radiotherapy for rectal cancer
14. Loco-regional therapy against primary liver cancer,
15. Diagnosis and treatment for pancreatic intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm, IPMN
16. Novel approaches for ovarian cancer dissemination; surgery, chemotherapy, and molecular-targeting therapy
17. Treatment modalities for prostate cancer
18. Recent advancements and future prospects of tumor ablation therapy
19. Thyroid cancer and adrenal cancer
20. Current status and problems for pediatric cancer in Asia
21. Management and problems in controlling cancer pain
22. Differences between Eastern and Western treatment strategies of lymphoma
23. Recent efforts for bone and soft tissue sarcomas in Asia
24. Current status of diagnosis and treatment for skin cancer (including melanoma) in Asia
25. The most up-to-date genetic diagnosis and gene therapy: problems and perspectives
Call for general topics either in oral presentations and poster presentations
Those who wish to make oral and/or poster presentations should base their abstracts on topics that fall into category 1 and 2, as shown in our website, and are needed to register online. All top authors have to register early time and pay administration fees immediately.
Young Investor's Award (YIA)
The 9th ACOS local organizing committee will give up to 50 YIA(under 45 years old) for the candidates whose abstract in science, new idea, conference topic, clinical results, etc, is highly acclaimed. The winner of YIA will receive and offer to pay for their travel expenses and accommodation (Price A: including air on a ANA air carrier and lodging expenses. Receipts will be required to claim for reimbursement), or just travel expenses (Price B) or just accommodation (Price C). YIA applicants who are chosen will be obliged to make an oral presentation, in principal. The results will be presented when we announce the presentation topics. Please be sure, YIA applicants who have paid registration fees will be considered, and only one application per abstract is accepted. The YIA fee is based upon communicating entirely via e-mail, thereby saving on postage and expenses related to in local organizing committee meeting, etc.
Abstract submission procedures and online registration
Both planned topics and general topics can only be submitted online via the website for the 9th ACOS at htpp://www.acos2010.org/. Applicants are encouraged to read the instructions and click the 'submit abstract' icon to register. Details regarding selected topics and the time for your presentation will be returned to the e-mail address you used when making your application.
Office of the 9th International Conference of ACOS
Department of Surgical Oncology, Gifu University School of Medicine
Address: 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu city, Gifu prefecture 501-1194
TEL: +81-58-230-6233 FAX: +81-58-230-6236, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charged business: ASSI-PRO (Nippon Travel Agency)
Representative: Hisae Kohma
Address: 1-45-15 Higashi Nakano, Nakano ward, Tokyo 164-0003
TEL: +813-6279-3039 FAX: +813-6279-3029
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com